Archive for the ‘online business marketing’ Category
Have you ever found that you feel frustrated in your business marketing efforts? You think you are doing all the things that you are supposed to be doing but it just isn't bringing in the business, and you don't know why. You have a Facebook page, a blog and a Twitter account but it is not really translating into tangible business results for you. Sometimes you may even feel that if you just work at it a bit harder you'll see results, so you burn yourself out trying to do that. Any successful business person will tell you that it's better to work smarter rather than harder. Could it be that you are operating on a purely tactical level without having a big picture strategy in place?
The Value of having a Master Plan Strategy
Think of it in terms of building a puzzle. You can have all the pieces laid out in front of you and you can start building, but how efficient would you be? You may get the puzzle completed eventually but it will be a long and frustrating process. If instead you take the box that has the completed picture of the puzzle and place it in front of you then you have a bigger picture to guide you. Chances are you will complete the puzzle much faster. You will probably enjoy building it too.
The big picture that guides you is your strategy and that is something that you have to have outlined first before you start to implement tactics. Otherwise it is a bit of a hit and miss approach. The strategy guides you, gives you something to work towards and helps you to measure your progress. One of the most important aspects of strategy is setting goals and making those goals meaningful to you. Once you have your big picture strategy in place only then should you start to define tactics. The tactics refer to the steps that you will take in order to reach your goals. Each tactic should be in line with your overall strategy so that you are consistently and progressively working towards your goals. So for example, when you create a Facebook page it should be as part of your overall strategy. You should know why you are doing it, who you want to reach and how being on Facebook is going to benefit your business. When you implement tactics as part of an overall strategy that is when you will start to see tangible results in your business.
Easy Ways to check if you are implementing Strategies or Tactics:
• By simple definition a tactic is something that you do. It is an idea that you implement or a task that you do. It is characterized by action. When you are more conscious of what defines a tactic you will be able to keep your actions in check.
• A strategy is more of an overall plan. It is an outline of your goals and objectives for your business. Think of it as your dream, your "want to" and it should always be at the forefront of your mind.
• Your strategy plan should always come before your tactics so that you know and understand the purpose of your actions and tactics.
• If you find that you are getting very busy but not seeing results, this should be an indication that either your tactics are not in line with your strategy, or that you haven't clearly thought through your strategy before implementing tactics.
Nobody wants to be working hard and not seeing the fruits of their labour. Sometimes it is just a simple thing of taking a step back from your tactics and asking yourself "What do I want to achieve with this action?" In that way you can start to define your strategies and tactics more accurately. You will be amazed at the difference that this can make in your business. Not only will you be seeing better results, you will also be more motivated because you carry with you a greater awareness of your business goals.
Bernadette Doyle created Client Magnets to help self-employed people solve one of their biggest business problems: attract a steady stream of clients. Register FREE for instant access to her teleseminar series on How to Get New Clients.Tweet
How To Set Up Your Business So the Media Contacts YOU
Recent studies show that 79% of all major media find their resources and story ideas from blogs and the Internet. So, yes, the major media really will call you… but only if your web presence has instant credibility and the ability to stand out from the crowded pack.
On this call Bernadette is joined by Suzanne Falter-Barns. You’ll learn how to attract calls from some of the biggest media available today, as well as major publisher book deals.
Tuesday, 31st August, 2010, 8:00pm UK Time (3pm EASTERN, 12 noon PACIFIC)
TOPIC: *How To Set Up Your Business So the Media Contacts YOU*
This call is FREE for my hundreds of Marketing Mastermind and Stepping UP! members. They also get the CD and transcript of this call at no extra charge, plus a tonne of other member benefits – such as access to our online members forum.
Not a member? Then join the Marketing Mastermind Group today so you can take advantage of this call and all the other member goodies each and every month.
I look forward to "meeting" you on our call.
PS – Even if you can’t make the call, all Mastermind members receive a FREE CD of the call as well as a digital version of the audio and transcript! Take advantage now.Tweet
You've finally make the decision to start a blog! Kudos to you.
Before you begin, here are a few steps to follow in order to make your blog an interesting site that will attract readers and build your list.
• Choose the right software. Using the right software will make your blog stand out among the many thousands on the internet. WordPress is a good choice because it offers many features that can be customized to suit your needs.
• Select keywords. Your keywords are the areas in which you want to be ranked on search engines. For example, you might select coaching, training and self-improvement.
• Write your blog. Include your keywords in the post, but be sure to write something interesting, even controversial, that will catch readers' attention and that they'll want to share.
• Use creative content. Use link bait and tweet bait to creatively attract readers. Post information that is easily shared, such as top 10 lists. Visitors can link from the list to your site, or tweet it to their network. Your internet ratings will instantly increase.
• Publicize it. Twitter is one of the fastest, easiest ways to publicize your blog. As soon as you tweet it, anyone following you will see it and, hopefully retweet.
Getting started with a blog really isn't complicated and can be a lot of fun! Once your blog is up and running, it's important to keep yourself motivated to stay with it.
Keep your eyes on the prize. One of the best things you can do is to constantly remind yourself of your goals. Write down three things that you want to achieve, and put it where you will see it every single morning. You don't have to look at it all day long, but starting your day with those three things in mind will inspire you, especially if you're having difficulty coming up with your blog for the day.
Do what you love. Make sure that you are blogging about something you're passionate about. Of course, you want to make money. But it's important to remember that blogging is personal. If your heart isn't in what you are writing, your readers will sense that and they'll be turned off. Why should they want your offering if you don't even seem excited by it?
If you follow these steps, you can be on your way to creating a successful blog; one that attracts visitors with information they can't wait to share.
Bernadette Doyle created Client Magnets Ltd to help self-employed people solve one of their biggest business problems: attract a steady stream of clients. If you’d like to receive invaluable tips and advice on how to attract clients with ease, register at http://www.clientmagnets.comTweet